Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 Gwibber not working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Smile Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Gwibber not working

I found a hint for a solution via bug 523327.

Basically, check your /etc/hosts file ("sudo gedit /etc/hosts" into a terminal window to open) has the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.1.1 your computer name

Mine had "username-laptop" where it should have had "your computer name". After changing this it works perfectly.
    Last edited by rebecacaca; August 16th, 2010 at 05:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Gwibber not working

I must apologize to the Gwibber community and its developers. After adding the daily builds to the repositories, it is now working like a charm (dare I say it is Magical and revolutionary?).

Facebook updates are still a bit slow, and I do wish they would add Linkedin, but I can say that I now no longer have to run TweetDeck, and the exceedingly icky Adobe Air, which just made me feel dirty every time I used it...

Well done Gwibber Team!
    Currently happily running Ubuntu Mate 18.04 / Xubuntu 16.04 and Xenial Puppy...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Gwibber not working

Sorry for being so noobish, but how do you add the daily builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash858 View Post
    I must apologize to the Gwibber community and its developers. After adding the daily builds to the repositories, it is now working like a charm (dare I say it is Magical and revolutionary?).

Facebook updates are still a bit slow, and I do wish they would add Linkedin, but I can say that I now no longer have to run TweetDeck, and the exceedingly icky Adobe Air, which just made me feel dirty every time I used it...

Well done Gwibber Team!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234