Thread: Image Viewer Protocol

Beans

Question Image Viewer Protocol

I have roughly 500 jpg images I need to name and I'm currently using Image Viewer (I was using Shutter and this problem applies to that, too).

Whenever I rename a photo from the current "imagexxx.jpg" (with xxx being a number) to an alphabetic title it then organizes the photo alphabetically and makes me lose my place.

In other words, if I have image123.jpg and I rename it aabbb it takes me from my current location back up to the top of the image stack and I then have to scroll back down to the next image.

Does anybody have any idea how to stop Image Viewer from doing this? I would prefer that it stay in its current location so I can continue renaming the images without having to scroll all over the place. A couple images wouldn't bother me but 500 makes this a tedious affair.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Image Viewer Protocol

Try with gThumb image viewer. In gThumb, go to Menu -> View -> Sort by... and then choose "no sorting".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Image Viewer Protocol

Have you considered batch renaming your files? If they are of a set PyRenamer, Thunar, or krename all work great. If you need to rename on a photo-by-photo basis then ignore this post!